Oh, do I have a treat for you today! I whipped up a batch of Almond Butter + Chocolate Chip Protein Bars with my four-year-old and 17-month-old today. These bars are perfect for after school snacks, grab-n-go breakfast or healthy treats. I made a no-bake version for quick treats and a baked version – basically the same exact recipe just different prep.
I actually started with a recipe and tweaked it a bit to suit what I had on hand and my preferences. Here is the link to the original recipe: No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls
ALMOND BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter (for a nut-free version replace with sunflower seed butter)
- 1 .5 Tbsp blackstrap molasses (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 scoops plant protein powder
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Foods make allergy-free chocolate chips)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Add oats and plant protein to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add remaining to the food processor and pulse to combine with oats and protein.
- Grease a small baking dish or pan and firmly press the ingredients into the pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Remove pan from fridge or freezer, cut into bars and enjoy!
Want to bake these?
- Follow the directions above and then preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Add the bars to a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely and enjoy!