Boost Your Daily Intake with Fruit-Infused H2O!
“Drink more water” – It’s a statement you probably hear constantly from doctors, health coaches, sports team coaches, advertisements, and even mom and dad. But how much water are you really supposed to drink and how can you make doing so a bit easier?
Frankly, water isn’t everyone’s first choice in beverages, but it should be. Water accounts for nearly 60% of your body composition and is essential for growth and regeneration of every cell in your body. Without proper hydration, your body won’t work properly. Proper hydration supports the following major health benefits:
- Prevents dry mouth, lips, and throat
- Keeps the body cool
- Improves muscle and joint function
- Helps you lose weight
- As your body is cleansed with water, your body sheds waste which leaves you looking and feeling lighter.
- Cleanses toxins from your body
- Shedding toxins give you more energy, improves mental health and functioning, and gives you better skin and hair. Bonus! You will glow!
Using certain fruits, herbs, and flowers take the benefits of hydration to a whole new level.
Infused water benefits include:
- Heightened metabolism
- Enhanced digestive functioning
- Improved immune system functioning (recuperate faster from illness and workouts
- Additional energy boosts and mood enhancements
So how much should you drink? Half your body weight in ounces. You read that right.
It’s no secret that it’s difficult for many people to drink the necessary amount of water because it can be pretty boring at times. It isn’t as sexy as drinking a glass of wine and it doesn’t have the flavor a soda or sugary drink offers. And yes, while fizzy drinks are fun, it is so important that we limit the amount of sugars and artificial ingredients we put into our bodies. Thankfully, there are easy ways to make your water more interesting, flavorful, and packed full of health benefits. Still not a believer? Read on!
My favorite way to spice up my water intake is with fruit-infused water! Fruit-infused water is a great alternative to its soda counterparts while still being FUN. The main difference is, fruit-infused water is going to leave you feeling fresh and most importantly—HYDRATED!
Try this delicious and refreshing recipe! It’s one of my favorites!
Detox Watermelon Recipe
- 32 ounces of water
- 4 cubes fresh watermelon
- 6 leaves cilantro (cilantro helps with detoxification)
In a 1-liter pitcher, place the fruit and cilantro at the bottom and add water until full. Cover the top of the pitcher and let sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to let the fruit steep into the water. The mixture should keep for two days.
Other great combinations:
- Orange, lemon, and ginger (improves immune system and blood circulation)
- Cucumber, raspberry, and grape (beats inflammation and fights cancer)
- Rhubarb, apple, and cinnamon (amplifies metabolism)
- Strawberry and lime (boosts anti-aging)
- Pineapple and mint (relieves joint pain and supports digestive system)
SUPERFRUIT CHERRY LIMEADE
Take your hydration up a notch with this delicious drink that taste like Cherry Limeade!
– 10-12 ounces sparkling water (like San Pellegrino)
– juice of half a lime
– 1 scoop Cherry Minerals & Antioxidants Mix
Add about 2 ounces of the sparkling water to a tall glass. Stir in the cherry drink mix powder and mix well. Add the lime juice and fill with ice. Pour remaining sparkling water over ice and give it a stir. Enjoy!!
It’s so refreshing! The freeze-dried coconut water gives you a boost of replenishing electrolytes along with the antioxidants from superfruits (goji, acerola cherry, schizandra, etc) and minerals from dulse. It’s a healthful and tasty way to keep you hydrated after sports, workouts, or just hangin’ out in the sun!
Which combo are you going to try first? Tell me in the comments below!
Want to learn how to have more energy + take your health up a notch?
Join me for 14-Days of detox and self-care in my Summer Detox Program! You’ll get step-by-step instruction on how to gently and effectively detoxify your body so you can.. shed unwanted weight, release toxins, increase your energy, improve digestion, and glow from the inside out!