I absolutely LOVE chia seeds and so does my son! I put then in all kinds of things – smoothies, oatmeal, homemade chia pudding. Chia seeds are tiny but mighty. Packed with omega 3’s, fiber, protein and antioxidants they are great for sustaining energy.
You can feel good when your kids snack on these fun little bites. Get them in the kitchen to help you make these.
Chia Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 Tbsp. raw local honey
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- chopped nuts
- dried cranberries
- dark chocolate chips
- get creative!
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir together until well combined.
- You can pat it flat into a square container, chill for 20 minutes and cut into squares OR roll into bite-sized balls and chill for 20 minutes (great way to get your kids involved)
Enjoy this post? Share with your friends!