The hot days of Summer have me craving fresh, no-cook meals for lunch like my Chickpea Summer Detox Salad with Cilantro Cumin Dressing. It’s super easy to make and doesn’t require ANY cooking – keeping your kitchen nice and cool! This salad is detox friendly and packed with metabolism boosting spices. It’s so flavorful and perfect to lay over a bed of crisp baby greens topped with fresh avocado and tomatoes for a complete meal.
Tell me, how do you stay cool on hot summer days?? Comment below!
- 2 Tbsp grapseed oil (or olive)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk. Add chopped cilantro to dressing and let sit while you prepare the remaining ingredients. After chopping the remaining ingredients add everything to a medium bowl and stir to coat everything with the dressing. Serve immediately or cover and let it marinade in the fridge before serving.
- Serve as a side dish or over a bed of baby greens or lettuce topped with avocado and tomato for a delicious meal.