Looking for a healthy slow cooker meal but don’t want the same old boring chicken? Try this coconut chicken curry dish to spice things up! Full of flavor and easy on the budget and waistline – now that’s what I call a great dinner! Plus, it’s a fix-it-and-forget-it meal = even better! I hope you enjoy!
Did ya know?
Coconut milk is anti-carcinogenic, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral? The main saturated fat that it contains, lauric acid, has been shown to promote brain development and bone health! Sweet!
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
• Hot cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Place potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- Combine coconut milk, broth, curry powder, pepper sauce, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover; cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add peas to slow cooker. Serve over hot cooked brown rice. Enjoy!
Let me know how it turns out in the comments section below. Also, if you like this post, use the buttons below to share it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest.