This delicious pie is packed with beta-carotene and flavor and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Crustless Coconut Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 baked sweet potatoes (or yams – it should have orange flesh)*
- 1/3 coconut milk (or almond, or hemp or cows milk – what ever you have)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (the REAL stuff, not Aunt Jamima)
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Scoop the flesh from the skin of the sweet potatoes and puree until smooth.
- Add in milk, syrup and oil – mix to combine.
- Transfer to a pie plate or other oven-safe dish
- Top with shredded coconut
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the coconut begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and let it set at least 10-15 minutes before serving.