For a delicious and healthy breakfast try my overnight steel cut oats. Steel cut oats are a great source of fiber and nutrients. I pair this recipe with plain Greek yogurt and peaches for a delicious breakfast parfait. You can make this recipe in your slow-cooker or a enameled cast-iron pot. This method of cooking ensures for a nutty-chewy texture – not mushy.
Easy Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or organic whole milk
- 1 dropper-full liquid vanilla creme stevia
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker or enameled cast-iron pot (it holds heat very well).
- For the slow-cooker: place heat on low and let ingredients slowly cook overnight – at least 6 hours.
- For the cast-iron pot: bring ingredients to a boil, cover and turn off heat. Leave overnight.
- That’s it! In the morning you should have perfectly cooked steel cut oats. Enjoy!