These grain free muffins are so delicious! You can’t tell they are grain free and gluten free, either. Perfect for breakfast or a nice little after school treat. The delicious sweetness from the blueberry and pop of flavor from the wild orange is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Both of my little boys loved these. Yes, I shared them… even though I didn’t want to. 😉
Grain Free Wild Orange Blueberry Muffins
Slightly adapted from this recipe: https://thrivemarket.com/blog/blueberry-muffins/
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 drops wild orange essential oil or 1 tsp pure orange extract
- Pumpkin seeds and a few extra blueberries for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, taking care to break up any large clumps of flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (including wild orange eo), then gently but thoroughly combine the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin molds, filling each three quarters of the way. Sprinkle additional pumpkin seeds and a couple extra blueberries on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are a deep golden brown.
Serve with a nice hot cup of tea or my favorite herbal coffee brew – Teeccino. I love the Dandelion Dark Roast – it’s caffeine free, alkaline and supports liver health.. oh, and it tastes delicious! Like coffee with a chocolate, earthy undertone.