Holiday Spice Bites
These raw, vegan spice balls are great for sharing during the holidays. Chewy, sweet and full of flavor. Great as an appetizer, snack or dessert.
Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: blender raw appetizer dessert snack gluten-free soy-free vegan Christmas Hanukkah Thanksgiving Super Bowl Kwanzaa winter fall
Ingredients (12-14 Tbsp sized balls)
- 1 cup raw cashews, walnuts or almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (deglet nor or medjool)
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp coconut oil (if needed)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (pumpkin or apple pie spice work well, too – optional)
- pinch sea salt
- optional: add 1/2 tsp extract like vanilla, peppermint, almond or orange to spice it up even more
- Add all ingredients except for coconut oil to a food processor or high-speed blender (an ‘S’ blade works best).
- Pulse and blend until the mixer is in small pieces.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Test the mixture by trying to form a ball. If it’s too dry add enough coconut oil until it forms a ball.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out portions and form into balls with your hands.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container.
To make these *extra special* roll them into different ingredients like:
- cacao powder
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- chia seeds
- goji berries
- sesame seeds
- crushed peppermint candies (not raw, of course)