These cookies are packed with protein, fiber and flavor! Great for a quick snack or breakfast on-the-go. These are PERFECT for fall and full of pumpkin spiced goodness. Oh, and did I mention these contain NO added sugar? Not even maple syrup or stevia!
I am SO excited to share this recipe with you! I made a few test batches and tweaked it to get it just right and I hope you enjoy these just as much as my son and I have.
Protein Pumpkin Cookies
- 1.5 – 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops vanilla plant protein powder
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips, raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 whole egg or 2-3 egg whites (use a flax or chia “egg” for vegan cookies)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine dry ingredients, except chia seeds, in a medium mixing bowl. Toss everything around to distribute evenly.
- Smash the banana with the back of a fork in another bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, and chia seeds to the smashed banana and stir to create an even consistency.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. If the batter seems a bit too wet you can add more rolled oats or protein powder.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of mixture onto a baking sheet for each cookie – you may want to gently pat them down so they cook more evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely (waiting sucks but they’ll fall apart if ya don’t) before removing from the baking sheet.