On a rainy, cold day what better way to warm up than a hot bowl of soup? This recipe is super simple and easy to make. Try choosing high quality ingredients to ramp up the nutritional value.
- 10-12 oz tomato soup (like Pacific Natural Foods Organic Creamy Tomato Soup)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (like Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk or organic half and half
- ground pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium pot.
- Cook on medium-high and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or add shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion – get creative!
- 2 slices Organic Sprouted Grain Bread (like Ezekiel 4:9)
- Shredded cheese – cheddar, mozzarella, whatever you have on hand. (I used a combination of mild cheddar and mozzarella)
- Real butter – preferably organic
- Top one slice of bread with shredded cheese and cover with second slice of bread.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Melt a pat of butter in the skillet.
- Grill sandwich on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
photo credit: www.mycatholickitchen.com