My taste buds are doing a happy dance after eating this kale salad! All of the flavors compliment each other perfectly and it’s full of healthy goodness. I love the combo of sweet and salty together and I think you will, too!
Sweet-n-Salty Kale Salad
- ½ bunch kale
- ½ beet shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1-2 garlic cloves, sliced
- handful (or more) mixed nuts: almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds – pan roasted for 5mins on low
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- dried cranberries for topping
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp tahini paste
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey (or more to taste)
Slice the kale as thinly as possible. Add this to a pan with heated oil on medium heat. Add the sliced garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon into bowls and top with shredded beet, carrot and cabbage. Add mixed nuts and hemp hearts. Set aside. (You can add this onto buckwheat noodles for a more filling meal).
Combine all ingredients for dressing and stir until well combined. Drizzle over salad and serve.