I love pears. And I love ginger. So why not combine them for a warm and satisfying oatmeal? Perfect for a cool fall morning; the ginger adds the perfect amount of warmth while the pears lend their light sweetness.
Warm Pear Ginger Oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 pear, chopped (organic if possible)
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- almond milk (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- For added sweetness: agave nectar, honey or stevia (optional)
- In a medium saucepan and water and minced ginger and bring to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and turn heat to low. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in chopped pear and cinnamon. Stir and cook an additional 1-3 minutes until pear is fork tender.
- Serve and add almond milk, if you want, for added creaminess and/or natural sweetener.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Please share with you friends using the buttons below.
Leave me a comment to tell me how your oatmeal turned out! 🙂