If you’re craving a warm, comforting and nourishing meal look no further than this weeks recipe. Red potatoes, acorn squash and mushrooms come together in this cozy dish that offers a wonderful mix of flavors. This would make a lovely side dish on your Thanksgiving table. If you have any vegan or vegetarian relatives this would be great as a main course item – they’ll really appreciate it!
Winter Vegetable Hash
- 3 tbs coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- ½ pound baby bella mushrooms, halfed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small acorn squash, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 leaves sage, cut into strips
Place oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, squash, and onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
Mix in the kale and sage. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the kale has wilted.
If you’d like, top with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halfed
- coconut or olive oil
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Toss all ingredients together in a glass baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the edges are browned.
Remove and serve immediately.